Almond Sponge with Peach and Orange Frosting
Recipe by Andros
- 180g self-raising flour
- 60g light soft brown sugar
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 50ml soya milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 x 100g pots Nutritious Delicious Peach
- Peach and Orange Frosting, see below
- 1.Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Grease and line the base and sides of one deep x 18cm cake tin with baking paper.
- 2.Mix together the first six dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir together the remaining five wet ingredients in a jug with one pot of the Nutritious Delicious. Stir until well blended.
- 3.Working quickly, pour the wet ingredients onto the dry and stir together until smooth. Immediately, spoon into the cake tin and into the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. A skewer into the centre of the cake should come out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4.Halve the cake whilst still a little warm and spread the remaining pot of Nutritious Delicious over both halves of the cake. Leave to cool completely.
- 5.Sandwich the cake together again with about one third of the Peach and Orange Frosting then ice the top and sides with the remainder. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Decorate with fresh fruit and chopped caramel or nuts.
Don’t be tempted to open the oven door before 35 minutes cooking time or the cake may sink in the middle.